If you want to sign the appeal but cannot afford the regular fee just let us know – your commitment should not fail for lack of money. We are grateful though for any additional donation to the bank account given for covering our costs. Thank you very much!
On June the 7th and 8th 2015, the „Group of Seven“ (G7) will be meeting at the castle of Elmau in the Bavarian Alps. There the Heads of State and Government from Germany, the USA, Japan, the UK, France, Italy and Canada want to consult on foreign affairs and war policies, world economy, climate, and “development” issues. The representatives of the richest and most powerful countries in the world lay claim to decide the fate of the entire world, without having any legitimation for this. The G7 politics means neo-liberal economic policies, war and militarization, exploitation, poverty and hunger, environmental degradation, and the closing-off towards refugees.
A multitude of individuals, organizations and political parties from varying spectra and convictions won’t let this summit commence undisturbed.
We will stand our ground against the politics of the G7 with diverse and creative, open and determined action, demonstrations, blockades, and rallies directly by the castle as well as a mass rally in Garmisch-Partenkirchen and a counter-summit in Munich. Get involved, come numerously, join us!
Fight the G7 policies:
- Get rid of the free trade agreements TTIP, TISA and CETA – the world is not for sale
- Against militarization and war – stop the wars by NATO states
- Open the borders for all people – solidarity with migrants and refugees
- Stop the exploitation of mankind and nature – regain the natural basis of life from profit driven economy
- Against cutbacks in the social system – make the corporations pay for their own crisis
- Stop watching us – against surveillance society and the dismantling of democratic liberties
We regard the mobilization against the G7 summit as part of the diverse protest movements for social justice, for the preservation of the natural foundations of life, for peace and universal human rights. Therefore we fight alongside the Blockupy movement, the anti-war movement, the anti-racist movement, the struggle for better living and working conditions, and the protests against environmental degradation.
Period of action from June the 4th to June the 8th with the mass rally, alternative summit and direct action
We are planning a.o.:
- Mass rally: June 6th in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Alternative summit: June 4th in Munich
- Camps and direct action: June 4th through 8th near Elmau with a march on the summit; final rally in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Please sign and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Surname, name, address, organization, function if applicable, telephone number)
Bank details: Account holder: “Stop G7 GbR” – IBAN: DE28 4306 0967 8225 4003 00, BIC: GENODEM1GLS
Bigger organizations min. 250,- €, other organizations min. 100,- €, and individuals (if you want to be mentioned) min. 30,– €